Thursday, September 29, 2011

Quilt!

Back in the early years of my first sewing machine I started my first quilt. After setting the beginnings of it aside for a few years I decided to come back to it and finish what I started, and after as much fixing and tweaking as I could possibly do I ended up with this:

Despite its many flaws and cheap fabric, it is my first quilt, and I am proud of it.
Upon graduating college and starting out on my own I decided I should make a new quilt to not only show my improvements as a sewist, but to mark a new stage in my life. I guess some people make scrapbooks to document their lives, but it looks like I will make quilts.
I decided to try my hand at a log cabin style and started out by cutting strips.

Which I slowly pieced together to form squares:

Which I arranged in a way that pleased me.

I'm very very excited to finish this quilt, I think it's gonna be a beauty. Now I just need to figure out how I'm going to quilt it. Any suggestions?

And I apologize for my dirty ironing board... I haven't gotten a place for picture taking set up yet and right now it's my only clear surface!

No comments:

Post a Comment