Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Sewing background

As far as getting started with sewing goes, I got pretty lucky. I grew up with the luxury of a stay at home mom, who also happened to be a former home economics teacher. As a child she would make my brothers and I Halloween costumes, frilly dresses (for me, not the brothers) that I loved, as well as the household curtains and furniture upholstery. As I got older I started taking more and more interest and learned how to use her sewing machine (under her watchful eye). Finally in eighth grade I decided I would like to have my own sewing machine, and for Christmas this lovely item was found under the tree much to my delight.
 
And boy did I run that thing ragged. After 8 years or so, and a few accidental spills down the stairs I decided that it was time to retire old faithful, and find a new machine to get to know. So after a few days of research and deliberation I decided to go with a Janome 8077.

This new machine is what inspired me to begin creating again and to start this blog. I can't wait to see what new and exciting projects take shape in the coming months and years.

No comments:

Post a Comment