Tuesday, September 27, 2011

First project!

My first project came more out of necessity than anything else. The man and I have been living in our new place for about a month now and we have been using towels/clothing/anything that won't melt or burn to take things out of the oven. So, I decided that the next thing on my agenda would be a potholder.
Inspired by the log cabin quilt I just started (more on that later), I thought that a quilted potholder would be best, and a few hours later I emerged from the craft cave with this:

Since I didn't have any batting on hand, I used a couple of old (clean) washcloths to insulate, quilted with some straight lines and voila! The binding was a little tricky, but with some quick thinking and this tutorial from Oh, Fransson! project potholder was a success, and there will be no more hand burning pulling things out of the hot oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment