Friday, October 7, 2011

Trying something new...


 

Can you guess what it is?

 
Hmmm, it sort of looks like a chicken wing...


And a dress form...?
Oh wait.... here we go.

 

I bought the book "Introduction to Making Cloth Dolls" by Jan Horrox and it is one of the most beautiful books I've ever seen. The detailed directions and pictures helped me every step of the way and I am pretty proud of my first cloth doll. I did make a couple of changes to the design in the book, Jan creates dolls that are built with their "clothes" as part of the doll. I wanted to be able to dress the doll up and practice clothing construction, so I made just a "plain" doll. Since the book does not include patterns for clothing, looks like I will be attempting to draft my own patterns which I'm sure will be quite a trial and error process but I'm excted.

Do any of you have experience with sewing dolls or doll clothes?

1 comment:

  1. Simplicity has patterns for doll clothes and are at JoAnn fabrics this week for $1

    ReplyDelete