Thursday, November 3, 2011

I just started taking...

A quilting class! :)

I used this as incentive to prewash all the fabric I've acquired through the years (I've never prewashed my fabric before, shhh  don't tell the quilting police).


I  made sure to use a couple color catchers since I was unsure about the origin of much of my fabric. Looks like it was a good idea too. v v v 

  

I figured I might as well iron and sort it all as well so it would be easy to find and ready to use in the future. It took a loooooong time.

 

I think one of my major problems was all the frayed threads getting tangled up, especially in my fat quarters. Do any of you have that problem when you prewash?

Sorry about the dirty ironing board, I really need a new cover


The next day I managed to get my first block for the class finished, I'm very happy with how it came out :)


I can't wait to show you all my other blocks, I'm really enjoying the class and it's a great way to get to know new people in the community (even though I'm the youngest in the class by at least 15 years).

No comments:

Post a Comment