Thursday, November 3, 2011

Halloween goodies

So I know Halloween was a few days ago, but I still wanted to share what I did. Of course I waited until last minute to carve my pumpkin; it may not have happened at all except the M and I wanted the seeds really badly!
Pumpkin seeds, pumpkin, yummy applesauce I made earlier in the day
I found the most effective was for cleaning the seeds was to put them in  a strainer and  powerwash them with the sink sprayer. I admit it was kind of fun too.

After the seeds were clean, I patted them dry with a paper towel. To toast them I tossed them in a little olive oil, spread them out on a baking sheet, sprinkled them with salt and let the oven do the rest. After about 15 (very long) minutes, I pulled them out, and voila! Yummy, crunchy, salty, toasty pumpkin seeds.

Then came the carving. M did his freehand, while I opted for a pattern. They both came out great! Of course M and Zoe had to be in one of the pictures...


But I got him to turn out the lights for this one so you could get the full effect.

The view from the road on Halloween, M's pumpkin on the left, and mine on the right.
 Here's an up close picture of M's pumpkin. Pretty scary, right!?

And here's the up close of mine, I like the way it came out. A little less scary, maybe a bit more eerie.


I hope everybody had a fun and safe Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment